Star Cutter Company was founded in 1927 by Howard B. Lawton and Frank Burgess in a leased portion of a building on Epworth Boulevard in Detroit, Michigan. During this first year of operation Star Cutter Company employed ten employees. Star Cutter Company has developed into a world leader in the cutting tool industry with over 500 employees working in six manufacturing facilities within five manufacturing divisions. Each manufacturing facility specializes in producing a specific type of product or service: solid carbide cutting tools, carbide blanks and preforms, gundrills, gear cutting tools, and 5-axis CNC tool and cutter grinding machines.
Star Cutter Company
Facts at a glance...
- Needed ability to configure very complex quotes quickly and error free.
- Required the ability to support both centralized and decentralized customer service and finance operations.
- Required ability to consolidate not only the manufacturing facilities financials, but also other holdings.
- Wanted a single system that could support both domestic and international operations.
- 17 sites were live on CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) ERP in less than a year.
- CloudSuite Industrial (SyteLine) ERP addressed all key issues and requirements identified.
- The implementation was performed on time and under budget.
- CSI SyteLine has positioned the company for present and future growth.
- A consulting partner in Godlan that has scalability to meet growth demands.
“Product configuration has allowed us to better capture all of our costs as we determine the optimum pricing for our Engineer to Order products.”
— Julie Grimm, VP of Business Information Systems, Star Cutter Company
Bring Your Enterprise into the 21st Century.
Let’s unlock your full potential together. Reach out to our team today to begin a conversation to discuss your specific needs, infrastructure, and growth opportunities.
Godlan is a name you can trust.