Position Description & Responsibilities
The IIoT Solution Engineer will be responsible for integrating and enabling hardware controllers, devices and sensors, and software applications to support Godlan’s Prophecy IIoT platform. Primary activities will include:
- Professional understanding of the essential requirements of IIoT architecture, scalability, real-time capability
- Meeting with clients to scope and understand their IIoT requirements
- Lead IIoT Solution design and implementation projects with manufacturing customers
- Creation of solution architecture, including machine data acquisition technology, IT networking, web software, and SQL databases
- Evaluating and proposing connectivity options for production equipment using PLCs, control devices, edge devices, and sensors.
- Provide recommendations on shop-floor IIoT solutions.
- Design and customize user interfaces and visual data capture
- Creation of documentation and conduct training for Prophecy clients
- Primary customer interface
- Have a sphere of influence across the organization
- Providing detailed advice on production process improvements
- Leads interactions with other sites and departments to complete project objectives
- Broad Technical knowledge of Services, Product, Process, and Project
- Knowledge of internal technical and financial business objectives
- Able to consistently provide resolution to complex technical issues or escalate as needed
- Recommends and institutionalizes service delivery process improvements
This is a full-time role and is customer facing. While working from your home location, you will be expected to travel within the US. It is assumed much of your time will be spent working directly with clients performing shop floor equipment automation tasks.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in IIOT & Data systems
- Experience in Enterprise level SCADA systems
- Experience in controls environments (PLC programming not required)
- In-depth understanding of network architecture, cybersecurity principles, and best practices.
- Experience with data analytics, machine learning, and predictive maintenance concepts.
- Experience with Data acquisition software; such as Open Automation Software (OAS), Kepware, Open OPC, including PLCs and device drivers, data tag setup and configuration, OPC/UA protocols, Node Red, Azure IoT
- Experience in control system-related equipment and protocols; such as Field I/O, sensors, Siemens, Allen-Bradley, Fanuc, Modbus, FieldBUS, MQTT, MT Connect
- Knowledge of MES systems; such as (Ignition, Wonderware, FactoryTalk, Kepware ThingWorx)
- Experience with interfacing middle layer data collection/historian applications and communication to other software systems such as MES, Data Historians, ERP, and CMMS
- Knowledge of database setup and use; such as MS SQL
- Working with vendors and OEMs to identify, select, and purchase optimal component solutions;
- Installation and configuration of networking devices, sensors, and wired and wireless network devices.
Non-Technical Required Skills
- Be an Innovator for the company
- Strong customer service attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility in dealing with simultaneous projects
- Strong self-motivation but not afraid to ask for help
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility
Experience, Education, and Certifications
- BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline OR industry related experience and certification credentials
- Two years+ of industry related experience in implementing IIoT, MES, Automation, or Industrial Data Acquisition hardware and software.
- One year+ of being a customer facing technical lead
Reasonable accommodation can be made for an employee with disabilities to perform job functions. The employee will often perform work in a seated position, which requires using a computer, keyboard, mouse, phone, and similar office equipment. This position requires the employee to be able to see, hear, and speak. Additionally, the position requires working in a loud industrial environment and occasionally lifting 30 lbs.
Ability to travel, as required, in either the most efficient or the most cost-effective mode, as determined by Godlan, Inc. management. Reasons for travel may include but are not limited to onsite customer work, internal meetings, customer meetings, and sales support. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
At the choosing of Godlan, Inc.’s management, the employee’s work environment will either be in a Godlan office or the employee’s home office. A home office must be where the employee can establish a reliable internet connection, have access to cellular phone service, and ensure an atmosphere in which work, and customer communications can be conducted professionally and effectively.